Monday, February 20, 2012

Ends and Beginnings

Midland

This month I've been busily packing my studio in Midland and moving it all to my new studio in Leederville. It is a little sad to say goodbye to Midland, my first 'real' studio, and the room where I've been creating work for almost two years.

It's been a ritual of mine to take one photograph of the town hall across the road, the view from my window, as the first thing I did each time I entered the room. I took my last photo on Saturday and felt a pang of sadness when I realised this was goodbye. I feel very grateful for the time spent in that room looking across at that clock who seemed such a friendly face keeping me company.

I've documented my view from the Midland studio window at viewfromawindowproject.tumblr.com.

But with one ending comes two new beginnings. My new studio in Leederville is in a building called The Ward, plus I will also be embarking on a Masters degree starting from next week.

The Ward is a former maternity hospital and is an interesting building, my room has no corners - I mean the corners are all rounded instead of squared! There will be a diverse range of creatives working from this place and I am very excited to be part of the first wave of artists moving in to The Ward.

Here are a few pictures.

Leederville Studio

Leederville Studio

Leederville Studio
.

1 comment:

  1. Claire - I really enjoyed looking at the photos from you studio window - the clouds, the difference when the electrical line was removed from the shots, the sheer beauty of the building! I frequently park in those very spots, so I was watching closely to see if my car was there! Alas, it was not, but a familiar, comforting spot to me - thanks for that!
    Miriam G

    ReplyDelete