Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We've only just begun




Ok, so this is my first blog post. I've been deliberating for quite a while about whether to start a blog or not, worrying that I just don't have enough interesting things to say to justify my own blog, but I'm just going to jump in the deep end and try it out after reading Meet me at Mikes: How to Start a Craft Blog .

I've been a lurker on blogs (mainly art & craft orientated ones) for quite a while now, so perhaps it is time to share some of my thoughts and interests with others. I think it will take me a little while to get the hang of some of the technical parts of blogging! It might look a little plain for a while. Though I was very surprised how easy it was to upload a picture to this post...

I've kept journals since I was about 10 years old, this was started by one of my primary school teachers. Each morning the class had to write a journal entry in an exercise book kept for that purpose. I enjoyed it so much I continued on with this practice up until a couple of years ago, while I was at art school and my grandmother was sick with cancer. It was such an overwhelming time, I couldn't write and could only bring myself to stitch abstract patterns. Maybe during such an emotionally intense experience it is too painful to stand back and look at the situation from the kind of perspective (at least I) needed to write.

Well perhaps this will be a new beginning in my writing...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire!

    Welcome to the land of blogging! This is really wonderful stuff to read, and your stitch work is gorgeous. I envy the discipline that you've had in writing a diary, I've probably started about 20 in my lifetime, but I always lose interest after a few days.

    All the best and keep this up :-D!
    Bek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bek
    Thankyou so much for your kind encouragement!!
    hugs, C

    ReplyDelete